Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:56:33 -0700
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: TRIP HOME. Traveling across the country,
              without all your gears...
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@gmail.com>

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 7:23 PM, craig cowan<phishman068@gmail.com> wrote: > Hey guys!Well first i'd like to say how great its been driving my Bostig > powered, Westfalia converted, 85 piece of crap bus these last 10,000 miles!

Hey nice trip report man.

"piece of crap bus" ? Nawww.....

10K is a real test for a swap. Though with a Bostig, I doubt that kind of testing is needed. Certainly a good test of all your other work. You started this project when you were 15? Sounds familiar. I did a similar thing with my first car. '58 Beetle. There was *much* less to do, but I understand how that kind of success feels. And I'll bet your Westy stands a much better chance at longevity than my old Beetle!

And for sure. The synthetic stuff really helps. Helped my Westy when I first got it. (mechanic did it) I assumed the stiff shifter was linkage related. It was, in part, but the synthetic gear oil really helped too.

Safe travels,

Neil. -- Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"

http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines