Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Aug 2009 16:14:00 -0700
From:         mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Cash For Clunkers
Comments: To: Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>

I don't know what the exact rules are but I am seeing lots of cars at the yards marked C4C and with engines painted orange. The nicest looking was a 1999 Honda SUV of some kind.

When I looked up on the EPA site some time ago the MPG rating listed for Vanagons qualified and 1985 and newer vehicles qualify.

Mark

Robert Keezer wrote: > My neighbor below sent this info to me and disputes that Vanagons qualify for Cash For Clunkers. > Yet, Mark Drillock just reported he got parts from one. She says dealers are not following the government guidelines . True? False? > > Robert 1982 Westfalia > > --- On Fri, 8/14/09, Laura R. Standley > wrote: > > > > From: Laura R. Standley > > > >  > The list I sent you is the most current one for which the government will reimburse the dealers who pass along the rebate to the consumer. Congress also won't be able to fund CARS for more than a short time, since so many people are taking advantage of it. Ebay has an incorrect list. The list I gave was from the OFFICIAL government web site. The media must not be publicizing which cars are eligible or even the riterion or where to get information. > > > > > > > > > > > > > http://cashforclunkers.ebay.com/cashforclunkers > > > > > --- On Wed, 8/12/09, Laura R. Standley wrote: > > > > From: Laura R. Standley > Attached is the list of vehicles that are eleigible for trade-in. Vanagons do not appear anywhere on that list. If most Vanagons are more than 25 years old, they are ineligible simply due to their vintage. If people are trading them in using CARS, the dealer can't get any rebate money from the government. They are being needlessly scrapped. > > > > > > > >