Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Aug 2009 14:16:19 -0700
From:         Zolly <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: A newbie needing hard starting help
Comments: To: Rene Ditton <rditton@YAHOO.COM>

If your positive cable connection is good, I would look at the ground straps. One is at the battery, the other is under the car from transmission to the body. I file or grind the surfaces shiny, connect them with stainless bolt and washer, and put big blob of heavy grease on it or vaseline or spray it with undercoating. The next one is your ignition switch. Before you would change it, test it with a new one, $15 or less, use that for a few days to see if it's the culprit and only then change it. You only need to unplug the one you have in there and put the new one on and use a screw driver to turn it. But take care of the ground connections first in any event. Zoltan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rene Ditton" <rditton@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:38 PM Subject: A newbie needing hard starting help