Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:28:22 -0800
From:         Jeff Hartman <jeffreyleehartman@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Where does Hella relay go?
Comments: To: joel walker <uncajoel@bellsouth.net>

My mistake Joel, That X was actually a Y. So it is WV2YB0259GH025126. Geez, I am sorry. It is a gold colored generic vanagon, square headlights, no power windows, or cruise control, no special fog lights, no jump seat. All of the internals are added by ASI (stove, sink, 3 way domestic model 2196 frig, hydo flame furnace, some extra internal 12 volt lights, isolated 2nd battery, ASI pop top) . As far as I can tell all the accessories are in a separate fuse box on the floor access by the passenger seat.

Relay box position 1 and 2 are definitely empty, just like the image sent by Bob Stevens earlier in this thread, so I am feeling more confident that it was not serving any function if it was in either of those two locations. Also, you are correct that everything (I have checked) works and the vehicle runs fine when position 7 is empty. I do have the relay in position right now, and again, the vehicle seems to work fine with the hella relay in there.

Also someone suggested that the relay may go in position 6. I just tried it, and it does fit in position 6, but that position doesn't seem to have any wires in the back. If the relay for the coolant level warning lamp is where it should be, contact close relay for electric fan is where it should be, intermittent wash wipe relay is in the correct position, rear window wipe wash turn signal/emerg light all work (they do), what else should I be checking on?

It is a nasty rainy day in Juneau, and my opportunity costs for jimmying with the vanagon are low. I feel badly to be monopolizing on any of your free time, but am very grateful for the help, Jeff

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 3:16 PM, joel walker<uncajoel@bellsouth.net> wrote: >>> WV2XB0259GH025126. >> >> aha! a GL, probably dove blue in color, 4-speed! ;) > > argh! missed that  XB ... so you have the P22 Camper, cabinets and > backwards seat, but no stove/fridge/sink. probably a Wolfsburg Limited > Edition with the little badges on the side of the nose. :) > > joel > >