Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:42:28 -0700
From:         Steve Williams <sbw@SBW.ORG>
Subject:      Propex Install in '84 Wolfsburg at Westy Ventures

I bought a Propex HS2000 propane heater from Westy Ventures back in May, but never got up the courage to install it myself in my '84 Wolfburg camper.

I'm traveling on the east coast, so I made an appointment to have Karl at Westy Ventures install it for me. He installed it today, and I think it came out well. Karl even tolerated my constantly snapping pictures of his work. I tried to capture photos of all the important steps:

http://mira.sbw.org/photos/20090825/

GoWesty had already removed the rear heater back in May, when they installed a completely new, later-model engine cooling system. Karl re-used the rear heater cover, but he cut it down to fit the smaller Propex, giving me a little more storage space under the seat.

I doubt I'll need the Propex anytime soon, but I'm looking forward to using it back in California, where it can get quite chilly in the fall.

I also put in a new sink drain. And Karl replaced a missing bolt in the muffler mount.

Karl recommended the nearby Brunswick Family Campground, where I'm writing this from my Westy camped directly on the bank of the Potomac River. Nice.