Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:58:53 -0700
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      List Mail Problem

From time to time (very frequent actually) I do not receive list mails for a day or two. Sometimes I receive a few in a day but apparently not all that should reach me. I think I finally have a clue of why. If the cause is already known by most of you I hope this will be beneficial to whoever also have this problem but still don't know why. I am talking about Yahoo Mail.

I received no list mails in the past few days. But they suddenly appeared in my mailbox this morning. What's interesting is that the late mails did not show up at the top of my mailbox. They showed up deep inside the mailbox. Had I not looked deep into the past few days I would probably have missed them and kept thinking that I did not receive list mails again for the past few days.

I believe the reason these late mails did not show up at the top of my mailbox because they were not received late by Yahoo. They were probably received instantly (almost) by Yahoo. But they were not instantly known by the mail server that I logged into Yahoo to read my mails. My guess is the mails were received by a server always almost instantly. But this server somehow left them in the queue for a long time (very long like a day or two) then eventually let the mail server that I logged into know that there are more mails there. These mails were not late. But they were not know by the mail server that has my mailbox.

This is very scary. They can receive mails for you but don't let you get them until a day or two later. Some of them may be lost. Some of them may be late to show up in your mailbox for many days and you will miss them because they will be deep in there by the time they showed up.

If you get lots of mails everyday like I do you may never seem them unless you spend the time digging your mailbox back a few days each time you check your mailbox.

I maybe wrong. If this is the fact Yahoo mail is not very usable.

David