Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Aug 2009 03:37:52 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: MOD Re: List Mail Problem
Comments: To: David Kao <dtkao0205@yahoo.com>

At 02:51 AM 8/31/2009, David Kao wrote: >David, I meant to say in my opinion it has nothing to do with the >list. This is not new. It happened all the time and not

Yeah...we'll check the logs anyway, they might tell us something -- or not.

I've never used Yahoo mail, but lots of Yahoo groups.

I do use gmail, primarily because I can reach their incoming *and* outgoing servers from anywhere and anyhow I can get online -- nowadays the outgoing servers will almost always blow you off unless you personally are a customer of the ISP you're connected to. Unfortunately gmail can't resist adding a header that makes it unclear whether my address is actually @attglobal.net or @gmail.com, so the gmail address propagates even though I wish it wouldn't. Incoming mail to attglobal.net gets forwarded to gmail.com and then I fetch it with my regular mail program (Eudora). I only use the web gmail interface to comb their spam filters for false positives -- for me they run maybe half a per cent, which is more than I'm willing to risk. But generally speaking it all works extremely well for me, anywhere in the country and whether or not I can get to a computer for an hour or a month, because they currently allow about 7 gigs of storage. They don't stick any cr*p in my outgoing mail, and since I use their POP server instead of the web interface I never see an ad.

If you'd like to try gmail, I've got 99 invitations just sitting there. Anyone else, for that matter.

-- David Beierl - Providence RI USA -- http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ '89 Po' White Star "Scamp"