Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Sep 2009 10:45:23 -0400
From:         Marc Perdue <mcperdue@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Speaking of rust repair, Virginia?

All the talk about fixing rust on Vanagons got me thinking more about my poor, neglected van. Does anybody on the list know of someone in the central Virginia area that is familiar with our beloved vehicles and does the kind of repairs of which Zolly speaks below?

Thanks, Marc Perdue

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Zolly<zolo@foxinternet.net> wrote: > I do these rusted out holes on the Vanagons on a regular basis.  Usually > with new windshields installed.  But these holes appear at any of the > windows, including the rear one.  People just leave it like that for years > and water is seeping into the car's door or body into the spongy insulations > that will keep wet even in the hottest summer.  Never mind the rust I fix at > the long seem in the bottom under the Westfalia outlets, where I have to cut > out the whole long panel to weld in a new one.  Big job but that's the only > way to save the car. > Zoltan >