Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Sep 2009 07:59:59 -0700
From:         Joel Cort <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Coming soon - Westies @ Watkins 2009 - Sept 25-27 Watkins Glen, NY

Hello Fellow Volks campers,   Sorry for multiple cross spamming    - last ditch reminder for Westies at Watkins event is 23 days away!! "Westies at Watkins 2009" will occur September 25-27 hosted by the Empire VW Camping Club and LiMBO . We are looking forward to seeing everyone again in Watkins Glen for our 8th annual event at the Birthplace of Road Racing!! There have been some recent updates to the www.westies-at-watkins.org website with the design for this year's T-shirt shown on the "Tee Shirt" page.  Hope you like it as much as we do. Congratulations go out Mark Lund who "single handedly" created the design. T-shirts of all sizes & selected colors will be available at the event, or send me an email. All VWs vans, busses, kombi, cars, popups, even Rialtas are welcomed to camp with us. Last year we had over 75 vehicles camping out with volks from Nova Scotia, Maine, Ontario, Ohio, MI, NJ, VA, PA, and local NY towns. We have reserved our own loop at the Watkins Glen State Park so all you have to do is pay when you get there (~$20/night) – no online reservations required. We have selected the Onondaga Village loop at the campground. It is the closest to the gorge, has showers, bathrooms and sites that have a common grassy area. Friday * Arrive, set up and enjoy the camaraderie and Watkins Glen State Park Saturday: * Morning:. Breakfast Burrito * Hiking the Watkins Glen Gorge on the Finger Lakes Trail! * Afternoon: Wineries! Biking! Discovery! * Evening: Potluck dinner. – bring a dish to share * Raffles and door prizes Sunday: * Pack up and say good bye or carVan to the Race Track * Race Track... Watkins Glen International Race track - we get to drive our vans on this world-class race track. We had 45 VW vans on the racetrack last year – what a hoot! Please do not hesitate to ask questions if this is murky and you need further details. Cheers, Joel – Westies at Watkins camp counselor jcort@rochester. rr.com CELL (585) 690-8145 Founding Member of the Empire VW Camping Club & Westies at Watkins - www.westies-at-watkins.org