Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Sep 2009 16:09:59 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Megasquirt on Waterboxer?
Comments: To: John Anderson <wvukidsdoc@YAHOO.COM>

This is of interest to me. I would like to see any discussion of Megasquirt and Vanagons done in open forum on the list.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

John Anderson wrote: > Hello all, time for my every 2-3 year return to the list for a couple quick questions, hello to anyone who is still here from the day (I've already said hello to Joel recently.) > > Yes I searched the archives, nothing really specific out there. > > Question is about Megasquirt on a vanagon. First, I don't need suggestions/warnings about Megasquirt in general. I built my first ECU in 2002 or so, and have run one on a big T4, and on an ABA in my Scirocco. I love Megasquirt, my questions are vanagon specific. Has/is anyone currently running one on a 2.1 that could share some base maps with me. My beater winter syncro I was going to finally abandon this year, as too much of it FI wise is getting iffy, and as I've long sold my Digifant spares in one of my "I'm never going to own another waterboxer moments." > > Anyway I'm looking for some specifics as to info about will the 2.1 idle stabilizer work/how to make it work if so, and mostly for some base tuning maps as a place to start. I have an old MS1/extra compatible box (actually a "dirty word" box, one of the first Mini-MS that Bruce/Al drove out of prodction) and a Microsquirt I just bought to toy with, so either generation/size maps I'm interested in. > > Thanks if anyone can help. I don't want sold out of this, I don't have any emissions to worry about up here (in AK now) I'm doing this as a little "project" in preparation for maybe another little waterboxer project that I'm going to want the Megasquirt for. > > Thanks > John > > > > > > >