Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Sep 2009 21:07:34 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Looking for a fair market price
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Scott Daniel - Turbovans < scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote:

> depends on condition and LOCATION of course, > but in the right place........like the West Coast ..... > worth considerably more than 500 bucks. > Just in parts alone.............well worth over that. > If it's not rusted, and all it needs to be a runner is a 2.1 waterboxer > engine ... > that's no big deal at all. Got lots of those lol. > > I suspect it's not anywhere near the west coast though, but if you get it > here to Oregon .................. > Scott >

I dunno..I watched an unrusty (he said) motorless van sit in my area's (out near Maupin, Or.) newspaper classified for 3 weeks with the guy asking $700..No takers. When I finally got out there to look, it had gone to the crusher, unsold except whatever the guy got per pound. I know from my wide-ranging bike rides around the Gorge of a couple of vanagons sitting out in various blackberry patches and barnyards...unloved and probably not worth much not running.. Don Hanson

Yes, the parts are worth something, but enough to spend the time to strip it and sell em off? I got my van in GL form for $3k and didn't have to deal with a WBX motor, blown up or missing...Just drove it away..