Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Sep 2009 19:42:53 -0400
From:         John Meeks <vanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Long Brake Line Installation Questions
Comments: To: John Anderson <wvukidsdoc@yahoo.com>

John,

I searched *bay and didn't find your guy with the 25 foot rolls. I've got brake lines on my to-do list and the Copper-nickel alloy lines have a good long track record especially in Europe with the high end car manufacturers. This seems like the "do it once solution

So far the only source I've found is Federal Hill Trading http://store.fedhillusa.com $55 / 25 feet of 3/16" tubing.

Do you recall the seller name on epay?

John Meeks '91 Multivan Northern Michigan

Vanagon Rescue Squad http://www.vanagonauts.com/Vanagon_Rescue_Squad74.htm

Radio Call:KC8ZFN

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 12:48 PM, John Anderson<wvukidsdoc@yahoo.com> wrote: > Neil, > > I think it is fine however I do question what kind of line you will be using. Generally speaking the copper-nickel based stuff is nearly indestructible and won't rust out, plus is by far the easiest to work (a guy on *bay will sell it reasonably in the roll of 25 feet, he sells sets for 914/911 and Triumphs and stocks 10mm fittings for the Porsches.) The plastic coated is worst IMHO (for home use at least when you make your own flares using a hand tool) when you damage the coating you have uncoated mild steel, and the galvanized/zinc coated is somewhere between. I think stainless is too hard to work personally, and don't care for it. Some random thoughts anyway. As much as a PITA this is you don't want to do it twice. I find the rear lines meeting at the rear T (particularly the long one going in front of the tranny) are usually worse than the front to rear one, so don't neglect it. > > John > > --- On Sat, 9/5/09, neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > > > Front 92" portion is shaped and installed at pressure regulator, but > just after first 2 bends from regulator, and possibly elsewhere, is it > ok to use a clean piece of fuel hose or ? to keep it from rattling > against the frame/subframe? > > > >