Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Sep 2009 14:52:32 -0700
From:         Poppie Jagersand <poppie.jagersand@YAHOO.CA>
Subject:      Re: Minimal vanagon support kit
Comments: To: Al Knoll <anasasi@GMAIL.COM>

3/8" socket set and driver with the vanagon specific metric sockets and a 6mm allen. Few fixed metric wrenches e.g. for the Diesel injector lines. Screwdrivers. Channelock-type pliers. Spare Diesel octopus hose (now NLA?). Spare alternator voltage regulator. Spare bolts and nuts. Few hose clamps. Spare belts. Spare diesel fuel line. Electric wire, tape, something to splice wire. small multimeter (Volts amp resistance). Duct tape 1/8" multistranded wire. (For temporary lacing things together) Vulcanizing rubber tape. (Makes waterproof seal around electric splices etc) Good quality epoxy glue/paste. (E.g. "radiator epoxy", JB weld or the sticks POR 15 sells) WD 40 1qt oil Disposable coverall to wear when crawling under van. All the tools fit in one of those cloth roll-up packs, approx 12x5" rolled up. The spares in a small plastic tote. Some years ago I bought a very neat socket set and driver from Sears where the sockets store in the handle. I took out the rarely used 11mm (Only used inside the transmission?) and put the 3/8" 6mm allen instead. Lately I saw a similar set in a discount store, but the handle was plastic, not metal as the Craftman one. I should probably also add extra hose couplings suitable for splicing the heater hose if it breaks. I bought a roll of "radiator tape" which claims to do temporary rep[aris to hoses, but I doubt it will work well. (I know duct tape doesn't!) Martin --- On Sun, 9/6/09, Al Knoll <anasasi@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > From: Al Knoll <anasasi@GMAIL.COM> > Subject: Minimal vanagon support kit > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Received: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 4:57 PM > For our aging road divas, I'm sure > volks have the minimum support kit they > keep always available in their diva...er van. > > What's in yours?  Duct tape, WD40 and what else? > > Pensionerd > __________________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.