Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Sep 2009 21:41:52 -0400
From:         Karl <tdiguru@WESTYVENTURES.COM>
Subject:      Re: Radiator/Coolant/Overheating Issues

Not sure why the socket wouldn't fit in there, but you might need to take out the two screws that hold the tank to the bracket and tilt it a bit to get to the level sender.

I'll try to dig out those covers...thanks for reminding me. No way for ATF to be around the heads...unless the PS pump is leaking? Or a PS hose? Hope you don't end up having to rebuild the whole thing before long!

Karl

Sunshine wrote: > Okay the oil pressure switches seem okay, I mean I cleaned them up. > Thanks man, how do I know when it's time to order new switches? > Also on my expansion tank the correct sized socket doesn't fit down > onto the sensor because of the tin or shroud of the engine compartment > and I used the smallest one I could find (as far as how far the socket > sticks out, like a shallow or short one I mean).....anyway I'm gonna > put on an o-ring until I get the new one I ordered and use that RTV > stuff, as I do have some of that. > > Now the metal exhaust shrouds or whatever that cover the pushrod tubes, > I had to cut 'em both off so do I need to find new ones of these to > make sure those tubes don't get all yukky like they have? Also I'm > noticing some oil leakage but haven't quite found the source, but it's > not very bad as the level hasn't gone down much. I am leaking ATF from > the heads though, or maybe it's coolant, but it more smells, looks and > feels like the reddish ATF stuff. > hmmmmmmmm > > Thanks > Sunshine