Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Sep 2009 22:39:11 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      My first 09 subi conversion and some body work stuff.

Hi, i'm surely the first in the world to do an 09.

For now i'm using an 07 harness and ECM, the 09 sub harness and intake need 3 small mod and for now i'm not telling because i spend 4 days solving that, i'm sure you understand. I also have the full 09 harness and all components, i already started playing with this one, yep, i think we can cheat the CAN system. Time will tell. When ready, in a week or 2, i will try the 09 harness, even if the customer will get the 07. I can't wait.

The engine itself is the same, intake and sub harness have some small but important difference. I will tell you one! the 3 wire coolant temp sender as now only 2 wire, the cluster/dash wire is gone, send by ECM to dashboard.

Interesting stuff: AC compressor is half the size of previous years PS pump is a bit different but nothing major. ALT is the same but now the third wire/pin is use, for now i'm not sure why.

A few pictures: http://www.benplace.com/bertrand_subi1.htm

On the same page I just added some pretty cool body work stuff, we now have a new tool for dent/ding, men this is so great, it save us a lot of hours. Expensive but well worthed! A few new putty product that dry slower and give us more time to work on the rough part, but not to long drying, just enough. A few new tools.... pretty cool stuff

Cheers, Ben