Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:24:39 -0400
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Pulled out my stock fridge - now my faucet doesn't work...??
Comments: To: Steve Williams <sbw@SBW.ORG>

The bottom line is that the air lost required a miniscule amount of heat loss to cool to its temperature when lost, and that what replaces it will require a miniscule amount of heat loss to be cooled itself.

So far as the milk spoiling, that is the ultimate point, isn't it? either the unit does its job reasonable efficiently, or it doesn't. the reason I have a fridge is to keep the milk, eggs, and other food items cold and fresh. I use a cooler for beer.

If you are really worried about that air, just make sure to (1) pre cool the stuff you put in, and (2) keep the unit fairly full (while allowing for reasonable air circulation to prevent "dead" zones).