Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:19:21 -0400
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Dare I start a Tire thread? 15" Tires for Westy
Comments: To: Karl <tdiguru@WESTYVENTURES.COM>

Karl, thanks for this communication. I think that the original confusion may have resulted from someone at Kumho being aware that there is a limited market for 14" and 15" truck tires in the U.S., and so marketing those sizes for trailer use. From that, a page promoting trailer use of the tires got created, and the confusion built from there. Kumho does have, on its U.S. web site, pages that list the truck and bus uses of the tire, but if one simply looks up the tire, one gets the trailer page. Kumho web sites for other countries provide comprehensive information about the tire.

I first learned of the tires from Discount Tire (called America's Tires on the west coast), but only bought them (eventually from Discount) after confirming that the tires are indeed made for truck use, and that they fit the camper specs. BTW, I find Discount Tire to be a superb tire supplier. They will meet on-line prices, and one is dealing directly with a human being in a face-to-face transaction. I have no connection with them except that I am a satisfied customer.

I also appreciate your having been concerned enough with your fellow vanagon driver's safety to look into this.

David McNeely