Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:58:08 -0600
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Update: Only 13V from Alternator
Comments: To: Steve Williams <sbw@sbw.org>

Sounds like good new so far Steve.Suggestion for when you are off the road and settled down: I did the Mark Drillock 4-6 gauge wire from the alternator + post to my 1315 separator in the battery box. I ran it to the battery side of the 1315. I won't know the true benefit until I get several days into a trip later this week over to San Francisco, Menlo Park. Will camp on the way over and stop at Yosemite on the way back, so will have some Vitrifrigo + all the "other" electrical (radio, MacBook, etc) and see how the aux batteries hold up.

What I have noticed is that the simple lighter plug volt meter indicates about .3 to .4 higher this way, engine running, than previously.

bob