Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Sep 2009 18:23:58 -0500
From:         Sunshine <vwbusgirl@KC.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Radiator/Coolant/Overheating Issues

No the coolant light is NOT blinking as it did when it was actually overheating, good point, I was just thinking about that. When I start

the engine the temp. gauge is on hot but eventually cools down to the correct level but I haven't seen if the fan is coming on or not.

The buzzer, now that I think about it, only goes off when I round a corner or hit a bump. I'm thinking I might have pinched it while replacing one plastic white coolant pipes because it blew off at where

it connects w/ the rubber radiator hose....the plastic end popped off,

therefore shoving the metal piece into the rubber part of the hose, see

this article for more reference:

ANYWAY I think when I lowered the spare tire to get at the hose to take

the old one out and install the donor one from my parts vanagon, I might have pinched the wiring and therefore grounding it out when I hit

a bump or turn and causing the buzzer to sound.

NOW, I tightened the coolant level sensor down a bit and it still seems

to be seeping coolant, although not as bad, anyway I did order a new coolant level sensor but it didn't call for an o-ring to seal it and the old one doesn't have one, so I'm not sure if I should just maybe clamp the coolant hose and take out the expansion tank again to retighten down the coolant level sensor?

Just trying to figure out the little kinks along the way guys, thanks for the advice, it's GREAT to have someone to talk to about this stuff

without having to search my books and forumns of my clubs and such.