Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:53:48 -0400
From:         "Jack R." <jack007@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Mechanics using customer supplied parts.. Was bars leaks

OK... my 2 cents on this, I consider myself a good shopper of not only service, but parts.

So, I shopped for a mechanic who charges actual hours spent on the job, not to exceed the "book" hours! AND, he provides ALL parts at his cost! No hidden fees, he is typically 20% faster than the "book" And, his parts price is as good or better than anything I can find on-line or off. He also recommends brands and parts which he has had a better track record with.

I gladly pay him $80 an hour for his work, and recommend his shop to everyone I know!

He is fare, honest, and even lets me watch (but if I ask too many questions, it approaches the "book" hours)!

No hidden profit, fees or hours... and he makes a good living covering his cost. If the job is simple, he will even offer to put an apprentice on the job for $60 per hour, with him supervising if and when needed. I usually opt for the expert, since the apprentice usually takes every bit of the "book" hours, and I feel like supporting this great guy!