Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:00:05 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: sliding door
Comments: To: David Klein <david@ASHTEC.CA>

This apparently was a design flaw. VW put out a new latching mechanism that fixes the problem. I know - I bought one to solve the same problem you have. Check the Bentley, the ETKA, and talk to Camelback VW in Phoenix. They know.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

David Klein wrote: > My sliding doors has been popping open "half" way when driving and > driving on bumpy roads makes it happen quicker after closing. I > lubricated as per bentley and it worked better for about half of our > month long trip. I looked on the clearance on all side and it seems > to sitting low in the opening but the strider plates are all lined > up. The door had fallen off recently (previous owner) but was put > back on by a good shop. I looked bentley about raising the door but > it looks like the door is already raised as high it will go. Is the > inner-working of the latch worn? > > Thanks, David >