Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:57:20 -0700
From:         Joel Cort <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      It's time for Westies at Watkins!  Last Minute Info..
Comments: To: type2@type2.com, Syncro List <syncro@yahoogroups.com>,
          Eurovan Group <ev_update@yahoogroups.com>
Comments: cc: Emp_VW_Camping_Club@yahoogroups.com

It's time for Westies at Watkins 8!  The weather is going to be absolutely perfect! Warm sunny days and cool nights for sleeping! Here is the latest from NOAA.gov: Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 73. Northwest wind between 5 and 11 mph. Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 46. North wind between 7 and 11 mph. Friday: Sunny, with a high near 66. North wind between 5 and 10 mph. Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 42. Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 65. Saturday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Sunday: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 69. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Sunday Night: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 53. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Note: In the past 8 years it has never rained on Sunday when we are on the racetrack If you are coming to W@W there are some last minute details below: 1.  The State park is prepared and waiting for us - drive to the kiosk and pay for the number of nights that you intend to stay. Drive to our loop and locate a favorable spot.   2.  The race track is ready and waiting for us - we will be there Sunday morning at 11:30 3.  I have dash plaques magnets and stickers with original art work from Mark Lund. 4.  I will have T-shirts available with the same art work Men's all sizes, Women Ts and Youth 5.  The addition of a juggling act is new for Watkins this year.  Look forward to it on Sat. Afternoon 6.  Breakfast Burritos will be served Saturday morning in the grassy circle - compliments of  the Empire VW Camping Club   7. a) Pot-luck will be in the pavilion unless we get consensus to stay in the grassy circle depending on the weather - Bring a dish to share     b) Door prizes will be held after dinner. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 8. If you get lost traveling to Watkins Glen, NY or have mechanical troubles call me on my cell at 585-690-8145 and I will try to help you the best I can.  We may be able to launch the VW rescue squad to your rescue. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Have a safe trip. We are all looking forward to being together again! Joel Cort Rochester, NY 89 Syncro Westy (CinnabarVan) 87 Syncro Transporter (Stella Blue) 73 Westy Campmobile (agent orange) Founding Member of the Empire VW Camping Club (www.EmpireVWcamping.org) & Westies at Watkins (www.westies-at-watkins.org)SEPTEMBER 25-26-27 2009