Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Sep 2009 12:57:46 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] WTB driver's side seat belt latch
Comments: To: wetwesties wetwesties <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          Matthew Snook <matt@snooksband.com>

I have a complete driver's seat belt setup Matt. I don't swap them side to side...... and not due to the wiring for the driver's side..... but in case the lock mechanism in the real is dedicated to one side or the other.

btw, people can test if it's locking like it should, ( like it would need to in an accident ) by first make sure it pulls out smoothly, ( like pull on it at your chest, pulling the belt out of the reel ) then decelerate hard and check if the belt locks up, like won't pull out , under pretty heavy braking. Any acceleration or deceleration in any direction actually, I think, should make it lock up.

Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: Matthew Snook To: 'wetwesties wetwesties' ; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 9:55 AM Subject: [WetWesties] WTB driver's side seat belt latch

'84 1.9 Westy Corvallis, Oregon (but soon to be in Tygh valley, Klamath Falls, then Leavenworth WA - so I can pick it up if you're along the way!)

Last night in Chemult my seat belt latch disintegrated when I got out to fill up at a gas station. This is the unit that bolts into the seat, and has the orange button to release the seat belt clip. I need the whole thing, since mine has been missing the cover from previous owner, and now the mechanism has fallen apart. The clip no longer fastens into place. So if anybody has a parts rig with a driver's side unit, I'll buy it. I don't know if the two sides are identical, but a first glance at mine shows that the passenger side doesn't sport the wiring for the seat belt buzzer. Either way, I still need one.

Pmail me and I'll send you a phone number. Whatever you charge will probably be ok with me.

Matt

P.S. When I pulled into the station the vehicle at the next pump was another brown Wolfy Westy that would be the mirror image of mine but for the immaculate paint job, no roof-rack rails bolted onto the pop-top, it was clean and had no bike rack on the back, and there were two nice ladies in the front seats. Other than that, it was just like mine. I complimented them on their nice rig but they seemed less than conversational so I left it alone. I hate these immaculate rigs! I look back at my rather shabby and over-used Westy and sigh. But hey! I've got 30K of camping in mine the last two years, I'm headed to a four day music festival and hopefully Leavenworth after that (if I don't have to move my daughter into her new apartment...), so... Who's complainin?!? :)

__._,_.___ Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Members | Calendar PICTURES! http://picasaweb.google.com/wetwesties/

Calendar of events: http://www.wetwesties.org/calendar.htm

For technical resources: http://www.wetwesties.org/links.htm

Please conserve bandwidth and clip quoted material in your posts. Include only the information that is relevant to your response.

MARKETPLACE Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their families, for the world and for each other Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe Recent Activity a.. 4New Members Visit Your Group Yahoo! Finance It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Biz Resources Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,