Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Sep 2009 15:38:13 -0700
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Trip Report w/PICS
Comments: To: neil N <musomuso@gmail.com>

Nice trip Neil! I like the photo of Jaco under the trees at the BLM

I've been to a few of those campsites myself. Cape Lookout's not what it was before 'The Storm' but its still pretty nice. That's where we were headed when Dixie lost a rod bearing. We arrived on a flatbed tow truck......

We went through Craters of the Moon in summer at 112 degrees in the shade - you picked a better time of year!

The Stanley Basin is the setting for one of the great books of the seventies, 'Appaloosa Rising'. Stylistically a descendant of 'The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test' and 'Another Roadside Attraction'.

We were camping up in the hills looking for hot springs in late 1977. Fantastic country and very isolated at the time.

Glad your Van treated you right!

Seeya, Jake

PS Bernie's probably coming down Sunday - we're going to install headlight relays and stuff

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 2:38 PM, neil N <musomuso@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all. > > Got back from a great 12 day trip through WA, OR, ID. Met up with WW > crowd at Catherine Creek. Had a great time. > > 3800 KM's, no real issues to speak of. Awesome weather, great people, > and good times. > > Enjoy the pics! > > http://picasaweb.google.com/musomuso/Fall09ORID# > > If link doesn't work, go here: > > http://picasaweb.google.com/home > > click on upper LH image "Fall 09 OR ID" > > Neil. > > -- > Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" > > http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/ > > > http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines >

-- Jake

1984 Vanagon GL 1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie"

Crescent Beach, BC

www.thebassspa.com www.crescentbeachguitar.com http://subyjake.googlepages.com/mydixiedarlin%27