Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Sep 2009 22:26:21 -0700
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 85 Vanagon Torque Converter?
Comments: To: John Anderson <wvukidsdoc@yahoo.com>

Good quality and Lucas is an oxymoron ;-)

Back in the 80s and 90s, Lucas Injectors were essentially Bosch Units in Lucas packaging or Lucas manufactured (quality?) under Bosch license. Don't know what the current or past 10 years have been, so I can't say further. I avoided anything electrical from Lucas after a bad experience in the 70s.

They don't call Lucas the "Prince Of Darkness" for nothing.....

There are a few items in Lucas/Girling I've never had problems with, such as their Hydraulic Repair Kits, tho.... -- Jim Thompson 84 GL 1.9 "Gloria" 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com *********************************** On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 8:56 PM, John Anderson <wvukidsdoc@yahoo.com> wrote: