Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Sep 2009 23:28:59 -0600
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: aux battery and fridge

Along with what Loren says about the Vitrifrigo rather than the Norcold, I'd also suggest running a large (4 or 6 gauge) wire directly from the alternator up to, in my case, the Sure Power 1315 Separator. I don't have a lot of "miles" on this set up and have only camped once with it, but I'm confident it recharges the batteries much faster than the OE wiring.Mark Drillock did this as a "fix" for poor charging when he installed his Vitrifrigo and noticed he had a devil of a time keeping a charge/getting his aux battery to recharge after hours of driving. I only used mine over a 5 day period and at 3 different campsites but my kitchen panel light never left green. I didn't take a battery reading so can't be very scientific about this report. I also have the 4 UB12220 mototcycle/wheel chair batteries in the aux box and like that 88AH set up.

Bob Stevens '87 Syncro Westy