Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Sep 2009 18:11:05 -0700
From:         Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: What's that?

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@q.com> wrote:

> Someone ought to put together a poll asking about how we use our Westies. > Seems each of us has his own definition of "camping". >

Got's to jump in on this one. I just checked my log, 65 nights in Starwagen ('90 Westy) so far this calender year. Where? Everywhere from friends driveways to top end, well manicured RV parks. But mostly Federal, State and county campgrounds. And even when offered the guest room at friends places I sometimes choose the Westy, I'm 'at home' there, not a guest. So what is camping? Well, on the near four week trip this fall it meant I could take the trip. I could never have afforded hotel or motel bills for that period of time. Camping along the way meant getting to Devils Tower, Deadwood, Custer Battlefield, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, three days in Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, Jackson Hole, and on to the WetWesties Reunion at Catherine Creek. It means, as one list member used to sign off "When you get there you're home'. And it means taking the 'Blue Highways' when I can, seeing things and places away from the Interstate. And occasionally finding a small campground or wayside that I'd otherwise miss.