Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Sep 2009 08:43:39 -0700
From:         Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: What's that?

Well, that's not a poll, with questions and forced responses. That's an invitation to write an essay. Which is a lot more fun than:

On a scale of one to ten, with one being very undesirable and ten being you can't live without it, how would you rate:

Shrubbery? Ankle-grabbers camped right next door playing loud country music? A view of the lake? A view of the neighbor's RV? Shade? Large dogs foraging in your campsite? Solitude?

etc.

I'm sure there's an essay about what "camping" means somewhere inside me. But my fan will have to wait until tomorrow to read it: I'm out today exploring potential campsites for a hoped-for trip in October before winter sets in. And tonight I'll be hanging out at the Bend Roots Festival drinking good local ale and listening to good local music. Mrs Squirrel is volunteering at the KPOV (106.7 LP FM community radio) booth cajoling donations from passersby and handing out "spin the wheel and win a prize" game. "Here you go, son, a hydrangea -- don't overwater it. NEXT!"

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Westrailia: (Ladybug Trailer company, San Juan Capistrano, Calif.) Bend, OR KG6RCR