Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Sep 2009 10:17:23 -0700
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Trip Report ( Long!) Eagle, AK
Comments: To: Mark Tuovinen <aksyncronaut@gmail.com>

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Mark Tuovinen <aksyncronaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> The > goal was to have all the new cabins built by mid September so their owners > would have time to get settled in before the snows came and road closes for > winter.  Tuesday August 11th was Julia’s 16th birthday and it was one she > will never forget.  She helped pull sheets of salvaged plywood out of the > woods and load a large pile of trash and flood debris into the scoop of a > loader for removal to the dump.  The locals and volunteers working the mess > hall found out about her birthday and surprised her with a cake complete > with candles presented to her after dinner while everyone in the hall sang. > I have never seen her blush as much as she did when the cake came out to the > tune of Happy Birthday.

Neat. Great experience for your daughter I'm sure.

And nice report! Makes me think I could have at least transcribed some of the notes I made on my ToughBook into some kind of report. But this isn't about me.... ;)

Great imagery, and sounds like an excellent experience for all concerned. Thanks.

Neil.

-- Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"

http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines