Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 Sep 2009 18:55:46 -0400
From:         Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Re: Our new 1982 A-C M/T Vanagon/Westfalia. Questions and
              concerns.
Comments: To: Joseph Doré <josephpdore@GMAIL.COM>

Hi Joseph,

Welcome to the list. There's an active VW bus/camper scene in Southern Ontario; next weekend will have a couple dozen getting together for a campout at Bon Echo Provincial Park in eastern Ontario and two weeks later will be another gathering at Bingemans' in Kitchener. There's also a local yahoo mailing list that I can hook you up with if you're interested in local activities.

As for the oil pressure warning light... I've seen this before on my own aircooled bus. Check the blue wire that runs to the oil pressure switch, it's located just to the left of the distributor. Chances are the wire is frayed and is grounding out against the engine tin somewhere. Once you find the frayed spot you can replace the wire or just insulate it with some electrical tape and you can stop worrying about the engine.

GermanSupply.com is a reputable and knowledgeable aircooled parts vendor located in Toronto and they also do mail order. John's Bug Shop in Welland also comes highly recommended, and they will ship parts ordered by phone or email as well. For your non-engine related needs the best Vanagon resource in Ontario would be Frank Condelli, you can find his site at www.frankcondelli.com.

Happy Trails,

Greg Potts 1973/74/79 Westfakia "Bob the Tomato" 1987 Wolfsburg Weekender Hardtop www.busesofthecorn.com www.pottsfamily.ca

Joseph Doré wrote: >> Basically, this all leads me to one question: Where can I find Vanagon >> parts in Canada without having to travel 2 hours to the specialty auto >> repair shop or waiting 3 weeks and paying ridiculous import fees on >> parts from the U.S.? The driving season is short enough in Canada, it >> would be a shame to spend too much of it on repairs instead of travel. >> >> Thanks! >> Joe