Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Sep 2009 17:05:48 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tantalum capacitors to stop blinking temp LED
Comments: To: Tom Hargrave <thargrav@hiwaay.net>

But I don't need a hundred. You know where Mock's is, right? Seem to remember you are local to me. There's no telling what you could get them for if you bought all hundred. I just need to know that it's the right value before I buy any of them, plus I need someone else to do the work. I've got a spare temp gauge I don't mind sending off.

By the way, is the temp gauge the same for all years?

Jim

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Tom Hargrave <thargrav@hiwaay.net> wrote: > I'm sure that construction does not matter as much as value - here are some > aluminum electrolytic for $1.0284 each in quantities of 100. > > http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=4199PHCT-ND > > > Thanks, > Tom Hargrave > 256-656-1924 > > Our Web Sites: > www.kegkits.com > www.stir-plate.com > www.andyshotsauce.com > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM] On Behalf Of > Jim Felder > Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 4:39 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Tantalum capacitors to stop blinking temp LED > > I recently asked in a post about curing the blinking light syndrome > which was the proper capacitor, and someone--sorry, don't remember, > maybe David B.--said it was a tantalum 22uF 16v or better. > > Mine is acting up again, after swapping it out this spring, and > thoroughly enjoying not seeing it blink. Mine is an 83, if that > matters. > > I have located a supply of 100 each of > > 22 uF @ 35 > > 22 uF @ 35 > > They are a dollar and a half each. I will be glad to go get as many of > them as anyone wants, and mail them for free if I can just put them in > an envelope. Someone just needs to confirm that either of them will > work. > > And who was it who volunteered to solder it in? I don't expect it for > free, but I know I would screw that part up. always do. > > Jim > >