Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Sep 2009 20:45:42 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon emissions
Comments: To: Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>

re I understood correctly the > emissions limits didn't change from some time in the '80s until 2004.

Don't know 'where' you are talking about, but I believe emission limits have gotten tighter and tighter a bit at a time, year by year, for a long time. Thinking of Ca. mainly. Can't say about other states. Some are quite lax.

Yes, there is no equivalent quite to a vanagon. Eurovans are can provide things that a vanagon can't - like aerodynamics, ABS brakes in some models, and air bags ...... things a vanagon can barely ever offer. I also believe they are considerably more crashworthy than vanagons.

On the other paw, vanagons can be very easily and nicely worked on. Eurovans are a whole new and somewhat odd ball game, compared to the tried and true vanagon. I think it's safe to say Eurovans can 'like money' pretty severely at times. I know of two cases that claim $ 15,000 spent in repairs in 2 and 1/2 years, on a Eurovan , as extreme as that sounds. And even after that, they sold it, due to just being so beat up on what it cost to keep alive. .......... YMMV ! Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Potts" <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:04 PM Subject: Re: Vanagon emissions