Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Oct 2009 10:10:08 -0700
From:         Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Technique For Removing Speedo needle?
Comments: To: Mike S <mikes@FLATSURFACE.COM>

"Slope" is a good way to view it. My speedo reads 12% high. This has been determined by GPS.* If I just had an offset then I might be tempted to adjust where the needle points, though I'd hope that those with of a wiser nature would try to talk me out of it, being the fumble-fingered fellow that I am. But slope -- that's a horse of another color altogether.** There doesn't seem to be a easy, cost-effective way to deal with that. So I do the math in my head and subtract 12% (well, 10% is easier and close enough) from what the needle says.

Maybe it would just be easier to re-do the artwork on the speedo face.

============= * I'm running stock-sized tires.

** We've got a musical event coming up here. It's a Bluegrass version of Dark Side of The Moon with various local artists. I'm definitely gonna go. The connection to "horse of a different color" may be obvious to some.

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Westrailia: (Ladybug Trailer company, San Juan Capistrano, Calif.) Bend, OR KG6RCR