Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Oct 2009 09:34:58 -0230
From:         Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Subject:      Re: metropolitan cycling was Vanagon emissions

I'll second that. The only problem with getting around LA on a bike is that it's a big place - it could be too far. No need to take the freeways, though. Unlike many other suburban areas (I'm thinking of New Jersey, actually) where it can be very hard to find a route from one community to other except the highways, because residential areas are deliberately designed to funnel all traffic onto roads that are pretty nasty to bike or walk on.

Joy