Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Oct 2009 17:09:40 -0600
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mud Flaps
Comments: To: "Arthur,Dave" <Dave.Arthur@nscc.ca>

I have those on the rear of my van. I had to modify the stainless steel angle piece to bolt it to the frame rail inboard of the flap.The result is a VERY sturdy flap attachment. I like and recommend them. I also have the the OE fronts. Because the flap attaches to the fender well rim at the bottom, I had to remove the Syncro mini flap. I put 3 SS screws through the fender and into the thick edge of the flap where it attaches to the fender. I also used silicone glue at that point and on the inside where the screw heads are to eliminate corrosion or rust problems and to seal the interface where the flap sits on the fender lip. Worked out well. Not a great view but you'll get the idea of the end result: http://www.flickr.com/photos/syncronaut/3782038144/sizes/l/ And one of both the flaps and the "stud-pile" it left on the road: http://www.flickr.com/photos/syncronaut/3560684183/sizes/l/ Bob '87 Syncro Westy