Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Oct 2009 18:07:24 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: FS: Headrest Cushion Inserts - Rare European Option
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

Seems to me the headrestraints were designed that way more for aesthetics than safety. Otherwise, why would manufacturers offer solid versions instead after the fashion for the "holey" version have passed?

Look VW/Audi products made during the period where the headrests with a hole appears on Vanagons. Even Recaros retrofitted to other makes had that same style. My e30 323i had those ones with netting in the hole. Then look what the same manufacturers are offering now. If safety was such a big factor, why don't the newer VW/Audi/Porsche/BMW/ Ferrari etc., offer them?

BenT Sent from my mobile device