Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Oct 2009 11:36:39 -0400
From:         John Meeks <vanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Pop-Top Repainting Problem
Comments: To: Michael Wagner <mwagner628@comcast.net>

How about waxing the top after the paint cures? That should add the right amount of sheen and protect the paint too. You could check with the paint shop to find out how long you should wait before applying the wax coat..

I use 303 www.303products.com/ aerospace UV protectant on my top (white) and it makes a nice semi-gloss finish which is pretty close to what it looked like new in 1991.

John Meeks '91 Multivan Northern Michigan

Vanagon Rescue Squad http://www.vanagonauts.com/Vanagon_Rescue_Squad74.htm

Radio Call:KC8ZFN