Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:39:28 -0700
From:   Jeffrey Vickers <jeff@VICKERSDESIGN.COM>
Subject:   Re: diff lock woes
Comments:   To: Bruce Todd <beeceetee@gmail.com>

Yep, you'd notice the scrubbing on the pavement. Have you tried jacking up the rear end and climbing under there and watching the actuator while someone engages it and you slowly turn the back wheels? My diff lock was stuck too because of a slightly bent actuator cage. The bent cage would allow movement of the pin but not enough to go all the way into the tranny. I pulled out the knob and got under there with a big-arse screwdriver and tweaked the cage a little while spinning the tire and it popped in. I lubed the heck out of the whole assembly and just kept trying to find that sweet spot and finally did.