Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:43:59 -0700
From:   quadrat <quadrat@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:   Re: LVC - Crushing a Westy

If I had the means, I would acquire each and every unwanted Vanagon. Make 'em as modern as reasonable (drive train, safety) and resell them. You know, this might be a feasible plan if we can develop some cladding to make them look like Hummers or other popular, sociopathic vehicles! Ron A.

dear crusher it is after all a german auto recycler and to be fair that means they have kept inventory on hand for us and having no interest in the parts they crush i think it speaks actually to the greater amazingness of these particular autos the Vanagon Westie

so whats on that particular van being crushed that we can actually see are the rear left side glass (which rarely break and the fiberglass top which can be resurrected with some muscle power and good fiberglass cleaner

we do not know if there are any cabinets or seats or motor or any other bits still useable in the crushed version ...

and secondary to our desire to preserve every one possible notice the crusher is finding this particular piece of auto hard to chew up ....

so ... i suggest buying every one and storing in your yard till we each require an obscure part ... and you thought camping on the street for one night would rill the neighbors wait til they see 47 Westie vanagons in your yard ... not to mention that at at 500 $ each that is still a substantial investment

yours

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners and ... older work at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364