Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Oct 2009 09:48:23 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: "Who Killed the Electric Car" NVC but timely..(sorry for off
              topic, moderators and list)
Comments: To: mcneely4@cox.net

It seems like they got 'snookered' by us consumers. First they removed and crushed all the electric cars because people wanted these cars more than the gas vehicles that made more profit for the auto and gas industries. Scared the crap out of the Auto/Petro industries...Then people quit buying GM, etc and started buying Priius instead. Nobody bought into the "Wait, wait, we're gonna give you a Fuel-cell vehicle..as soon as we iron out a few details (like how to squeeze the last few dollars out of you for gas guzzlers).

So now to sell vehicles again, they are going to re-issue an electric car? Forced into it by the car buying public... They seem to have outsmarted themselves. What's lame is people really offered to pay almost any amount to keep those old EV vehicles...and they weren't allowed to. If these had remained in service, there probably would have been some rather significant improvments in the technology as their glitches became known through use...Now we'll have to start again with...Volt?...and re-invent the plug in centers they showed in that old movie to charge these "New" creations.. Doesn't really make sense, what they did concerning that vehicle back then... Don Hanson