Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Oct 2009 23:55:28 -0700
From:         Scott Greiner <greines@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Your GoWesty Engine...how do you like it?
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

Well, I will agree with you that if it is cold, damp & gray it could get old fast. Though I am one from Mesa, AZ and it might rain 5 to 10 days a year, I would like to camp maybe a couple of time in the rain. Sometimes though it could rian and cool off some hotter temps, keep down the dust and I'm sure there is something else to add. SOG 1982 Diesel Westy 1.9 TDI AHU ________________________________ From: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Sun, October 11, 2009 9:33:35 PM Subject: Re: Your GoWesty Engine...how do you like it? Okay guys, plenty of you have provided encouraging and enlightening words in favor of camping in the rainy condition. So -- followup question: What do you find fun or satisfying to do when sitting under your van's awning in the rain? Once the novelty has passed and you're beginning to notice that it's kinda cold, damp, and gray. I gotta sell my son on the idea. -- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Westrailia: (Ladybug Trailer company, San Juan Capistrano, Calif.) Bend, OR KG6RCR On 8/28/2009 8:59 AM RICHARD KOERNER wrote: > Steve, > > You wrote, "...In May, I took my camper to GoWesty to have the new > higher-compression engine put in along with a lot of other work....." > > SO...tell me about that engine!  Is it the 2.3?  You must have previously had (like I do) the 1.9; how do you like the new one?  How much did it cost?  Running higher octane like they recommend?  How does it perform on long grades?  What other stuff did they "strongly recommend" with the new engine, and how much did all that cost? > > My 1.9 is running great, but at 174,000 miles on original everything (motorwise), I've got to really start planning for the future.  Subie seems too complicated and expensive, no Zetec here in Southern California, not interested in the inline-4 route, so a "better" wasserboxer like GoWesty offers seems the cleanest solution.  And, I would have them do the install work for me, they're only 250 miles away. > > Rich > 85 Vanagon GL > San Diego >