Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Oct 2009 23:38:01 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Speedometer and 15/65/205 Tires/Wheels
Comments: To: Melissa Mourkas <westywoman@mac.com>

By law, your speedometer (with stock tires) should have been no more than 5% off (reading too high). The tires you are now using are near enough the same size that you still should not be more than a few mphs off, even at 70mph.

My experience in southern California was that people drove 10 mph or more over the speed limit. I can't say if this is true in your more northerly location.

Simply drive in the right lane and be tolerant of the jack rabbits.