Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Oct 2009 19:47:40 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Coolant Low Level Light Useful?
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

it's not all that hard, if someone is really into it.

- just taking stuff from one version of a vanagon and retrofitting it to an earlier version.

82 DV's even have the wires and plug there for the level sensor ..........already built into the van's wire harness. It's just not connected to anything , until the next year, 83, when it is. I guess they planned for it, but the price for the van was getting too high perhaps.

I have a near flawless 82 Sunroof Diesel Vanagon for sale ..... I have the original price and options window sticker for it. the sunroof was $ 600 I think, the whole van was 13,000 or so. I bet they thought that was too high already, and didn't squease the level sensor into the budget . that would be my guess why 82 DV's have the wires, but not the circuit. 82 DV is the first ever water-cooled vanagon of course. there are quite a few things that appear on that version only, and are changed the next year.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rocket J Squirrel" <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 5:57 PM Subject: Re: Coolant Low Level Light Useful?