Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:29:13 -0400
From:         pdooley <psdooley@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Surging engine
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

Yep, I gathered that from the OP. The mechanic who worked on the van said some kind of flow device was bad. Maybe he meant the fuel distributor, maybe he meant the differential pressure regulator attached to the fuel distributor. FWIW, there is also a diaphragm pressure regulator which controls system pressure. The OP is gonna talk to the mechanic that issued the original diagnosis to get clarification and hopefully more details.

Regarding little things- this was an engine swap. One simple loose or weak ground wire could wreak havoc.

And yes, I would take EFI over CIS any day. Standalone EFI systems have come down in price and have a huge knowledge base on the web. Or one could go with Digifant2, simple hookup with about 6 wires to splice. Probably even easier to integrate considering all those extra fuel lines with the CIS setup.