Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:06:06 -0700
From:         Peter DiFalco <peter.difalco@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: flat Satellite TV dish NVC
Comments: To: Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@gmail.com>

I'll just put in a plug for terrestrial High Definition here. Our new system in the US yields better quality high-definition images than any of the cable or dish providers. The bandwidth is much larger and compression is correspondingly lower - a result of an older standard conceived a decade ago that doesn't flex to cram more channels. Sunday football never, ever looked so good. Of course, you won't receive much terrestrial HD in your van when you're cruising in the boonies. Even at home I only get 10 channels, and none of them have any Vanagon content whatsoever.

-Peter

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@gmail.com> wrote: > I've had Dish, Direct and Comcast Cable and there is NO comparison for > clarity of receptionand consistency of signal and service. All on the same > Vizio 50" HD Plasma unit. > Although the dish-type systems say they have HD, they don't. The picture > looks > like a large "fuzzy" version of a regular TV signal. And I have a very nice, > clear > view of the south from my high perch, 600' above the city and all > terrain/development > obstacles. > > Just my $0.02 worth. > I've got Sirius satellite radio in my van and it's poor enuf! > > bob > > On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 6:41 AM, Paul Guzyk <paullist08@guzyk.com> wrote: > >> if you win the lottery you can get this flat dish system and install on >> your luggage rack for TV in motion... >> >> http://www.kvh.com/Products/Product.asp?id=125