Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:42:53 -0700
From:         Zoltan <thewestyman@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: The saga continues
Comments: To: andysings@AOL.COM

If you take the hose off from the tank, no gas will come out. It is blocked. Now, I'm not sure what it is. Probably something that forms in gas and becomes hardy or jelly kind. The tank should be cleaned out. Yours is plastic and get no rust. I had this with an '89 van that had a front gas tank. I blew into it on that hose and it moved the stuff away and it worked for a long time. Maybe the Lucas additive for injector cleaner can dissolve the stuff. But maybe not, because I have two vans now that won't let gas out of the tank since I poured some into their tanks, blocking the hose. Let me know if I'm wrong. Z ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Morse" <andysings@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2009 10:01 AM Subject: The saga continues

I'm still trying to get my 86 syncro running again. Mike Drillock has been exrtemely helpful having me run tests! Almost everything was running fine until I adjusted the valves, they are adjusted properly now and I have great compression in all cylinders (ooops I hadn't correctly lined up a push rod tube).

What wasn't fine until the adjustment was the van would stall after running it for around 15 minutes, almost as if it had run out of gas. Once I had to get it towed, another time I banged on the fuel pump and replugged the wires after unplugging them, eventually the van started and I made it home....not sure if the banging did anything.

The valves are fine, the plugs are new, as well as the fuel filter, fuel pump ( you can hear it whirrr), cap, rotor....I'm getting good blue spark.

Last test Mark had me do was testing the fuel pressure at the T on top of the engine. I did not get a reading at all! Either the brand new vacuum fuel gauge is not working or I'm not really getting any pressure. So what could the problem be? Seems to me if pressure was present I should have seen gas spray out when I took out the tiny screw from the T.

Any one near Albany NY want to come over and help me figure this one out!?

Thank you, Andy 518-339-4454