Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 Oct 2009 14:08:21 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Dash Power outlet..?
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

Don,

Sounds like you are talking about the infamous "Silver Socket" - a power supply outlet for 12 volt appliances.

These can be purchased at Harley Davidson outlets, John Deere Tractor outlets, and some others. Maybe even some of the list vendors have them. The way you describe it there must be part missing. Might be easier to just replace the thing.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver -- and no - I don't have a "Silver Socket" in mine.

Don Hanson wrote: > I have an 84 with the 'used to be' lighted power outlet on the dash left > of the glove box. Mine is hanging kinda loose like they seem to do on many > vanagons. I've been frustrated a bunch of times trying to get this odd-ball > device to hang into the dash correctly. I'm wanting to make it good and I > don't care about keeping my van 100% Original. So what kinda outlet do > people recomment to replace the one that came over with this van? > Don Hanson > >