Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Oct 2009 09:06:23 -0400
From:         W Monk <billmonk@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Thirsty motor with low power to 2,500 rpms. What's up?
Comments: To: Greg Potts <greg@pottsfamily.ca>

Greg, Like Frank said their life all depends on how they were treated. Is this the same 02 that was on the motor that overheated? That may have destroyed it. If the replacement motor was oil fogged for storage that might have killed it. Boston Bob told me that when you first install a rebuild try and run without an O2 for the first 100 miles or so because the lubes from the rebuild could kill a new sensor. Double check all the wiring going to the sensor and make sure that the outer layer of the coax the shielding isn't touching the middle wire anywhere. I have already sold both of the sensors I had or would have sent you one. I may have another good used one around. I will check today. If I do I pmail you back for your address (I may have it if hasn't changed in a couple years). Either way you hear back yeay or neah....

Bill