Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Oct 2009 08:29:08 -0700
From:         Doug Noganav <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>
Subject:      Re: Battery question
Comments: To: mcneely4@cox.net

Its 1year free replacement and 2 year pro rated. I have had really good luck with them in the past, used them far longer than the warranty.

wally's batteries are made by Johnson Controls.

My problem with batteries is I end up leaving a door open or draw on them in my shop or parked when working on the vehicle and draw it flat which kills even a brand new top of the line 5 year battery.

I heard if you draw any lead acid battery totally flat you will reduce its life by 50%. draw it flat again 25% life

Its easy to in my ford to leave the headlights on, at least in the vw you have to have the key on.

----- Original Message ----- From: <mcneely4@cox.net> To: "Doug Noganav" <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 6:15 AM Subject: Re: [VANAGON] Battery question