Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Oct 2009 08:27:25 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Goopy stuff on dish drainer

Frank Condelli once had the Italian-made chrome plated "stars" that solve the problem very well. I keep two of them in the overhead rack.

Jim

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@cox.net> wrote: > someone advertised on this list some time back (or was it on Samba?), > offering a set of trivet-like devices that fit in the too-large opening > in the grill over the burners.  Pictures looked like perfect fit.  By > the time I responded, all gone.  Think they were made in Italy.  Never > found the source, myself, and the poster did not actually know.  Think > he said his brother brought a bunch back from a trip.  Yes, the grill is > a bit mis-sized, so that small pots don't fit.  We've worked it out, > sort of, but would like to find some way to cover the space.  Oh, just > realized, what I need is a sheet of cast iron that will cover them. > Now, where is there 1/8" sheet cast iron?  Even steel, even if thinner, > would work, though it would eventually warp, likely.  Aluminum might > burn.  At least an aluminum pot I tried to use as an oven once did. > Dave Mc > > > On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Don Hanson wrote: > >>> If one has melted bumpers, the best KISS solution I've read of, is a >>> dish towel or two between the Rattle-Pan and lid. >>> >>> Or just remove it and send if free of charge to some deserving >>> Canuck. ;) >>> >>> Neil. >>> >>> >>> -- >>> Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" >>> >>> http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/ >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines >>> >>  Even with the bumpers intact, the stove rattles in my van until I >> discovered that storing my dish sponge between the burner grates and >> the SS >> drip tray dish dry cutting board counter top.. stops the rattles.. >>  I'd still like to find some cheap-o ready-made solution to those >> diabolical "Spillmeister" burner grill thingies..What a dumb set of >> stove >> top grills..Just exactly wrong for many coffee pots and small pans.. >>  Don Hanson >